Purple Bed Mattress Review
I get a lot of questions about the Purple mattress,because of their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted campaign. So I couldn’t wait to try the mattress out myself. Because it is made with very unique materials, it’s hard to compare it to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Guarantee
All in all I truly liked the Purple bed mattress, however I had a couple of little concerns too. No doubt it is unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a great deal of individuals are going to like the bed mattress, however it’s so unique that it may not be for everybody.
You will enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Are looking pressure relief – I found the Purple mattress to be incredible for this. (This is what they are proving with the raw egg test).
- Are interested in the bed-in-a-box design – Because of the unique material, it’s hard to compare Purple mattresses to others.
- Sleep in several positions – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that sleep comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, side or back.
- Prefer to sleep cool – The Purple mattress no doubt sleeps cool. It sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have personally tried.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Want a bed mattress you understand – Is it memory foam? More like a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- You prefer a certain type of mattress – If you are a fan of a specific type of mattress, you should stick with that kind of mattress. This is a unique feel that isn’t really like any of the basic bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Guarantee
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique comfort layer (known as hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not surprising that it feels different than any other mattress you’ve tried. Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool.
When it comes firmness, I’d give it around a 7 out of 10. But, it is great at pressure relief. So, don’t base everything off of the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what defines Purple. The extremely unique material provides the bounce, pressure relief and also sleeps cool.
Underneath the cover, it is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4%). The cover not only felt nice, but was very breathable.
Motion Transfer Test
When it come to motion transfer, I wasn’t sure what to expect from the Purple mattress. Considering that it does not fall under the common memory foam, latex foam, and innerspring classifications.
But, it is a great option for most couples, when it comes to motion transfer.
Purple Mattress Guarantee
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
The table shown below lists the costs for the readily available sizes and their associated measurements.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
Purple uses a really resilient gel material in its comfort layer.. It will stop early sagging, that is seen in other mattresses. It has a high density base foam. So, I think the durability of this mattress will be a huge selling point. Purple Mattress Guarantee
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the lowest prices here on Amazon.
However, when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is cheaper.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial.